Careers Database Administrator
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Databse Administrator based in Barcelona to join the Infrustructure team of a leading digital marketing company working with top retail and fashion brands. You will help manage, maintain, performance tune and troubleshoot multiple internal and external databases.
At SmartFocus we’ve built a SaaS retail marketing platform. It delivers 60 billion personalised customer interactions and 7 million email campaigns annually. We’re proud to work with global brands like House of Fraser, Levi’s, Waterstones and many more.
- Working in a multidisciplinary team with a focus on Oracle, SQL database technologies
- Critical DB management and their monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, DB based service and operations support to internal and customer facing teams
- Supporting ad-hoc DB based queries such, Database indexing, DB performance monitoring with the necessary tools and proactively monitor and fix the database estate
- Database administration - a track record of business and operations support systems such as Microsoft SQL, Oracle, billing or real time transactions systems
- Sharing knowledge of technology updates to the wider team
- Cloud Computing, Clustering & Network Load Balancing technologies
- Understanding of SQL and No-SQL database technologies desirable and Exposure to large scale website infrastructure.
- Supporting Oracle on VMware and / or Hypervisor platforms
- MS SQL Administration understanding and capability and MySQL Administration understanding and capability
- Power Shell/BAT scripting capability, and Bash Scripting
- Oracle Database administration qualifications (OCA, OCP, OCM, MCSA SQL)
A typical day will involve.:
- Critical database management and their monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, service and operations support to internal and customer facing teams.
- Supporting ad-hoc database queries such as database indexing and database performance monitoring
- Administration of both SQL and Oracle databases
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send us your CV along with a cover letter. Your cover letter should state clearly why you are interested in working with SmartFocus, and what you would bring to this role.
At SmartFocus, we understand that every customer is on a unique journey. Motivations to try, buy or stay local change depending on the individual making the choice. Trusted by over 1,000 customers, the SmartFocus Message Cloud delivers 60 billion personalized interactions and 7 million email campaigns annually.
Message Cloud encompasses everything marketer’s desire from their digital strategies – enabling them to own every customer moment, with a decisioning engine that creates contextualized messages triggered by customer behavior, not by the marketer's best guess. It allows businesses to eradicate conversion kerbing obstacles, through personalization, marketing intelligence, social insights, email, and mobile push notifications across any device – all on one powerful platform. SmartFocus empowers businesses to influence their valuable customer journeys, connecting and engaging with customers at every treasured touch point.
SmartFocus is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating and celebrating a diverse and inclusive environment for all our employees.