An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Java developer based in Barcelona to join the R&D team of a leading digital marketing company working with top retail and fashion brands. You will help build enhancements to, and be part of new feature development on our product stack.
At SmartFocus we’ve built a SaaS retail marketing platform. It delivers 60 billion personalised customer interactions and 7 million email campaigns annually. We’re proud to work with global brands like House of Fraser, Levi’s, Waterstones and many more.
You will be independent, able to work efficiently with minimum supervision and with a high degree of self-motivation. A problem solver who can think ‘outside-the-box’ to find ways around issues, who has a detail oriented approach with a hawkish eye for detail. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal are essential for success this role.
- Working across the full stack with ES6 / ES7 exposure
- Coding with NodeJS
- React / Redux stack (or other frameworks like Angular or Backbone)
- Database integration (SQL, MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis)
- Working with bundlers and transpilers (Webpack, Babel)
- Creating pixel perfect pages using HTML5 & CSS
- Understanding UX/UI design, and how this is applied to the development process
- Testing software (TDD, BDD) within an environment that values CI/CD
- Working in an Agile environment
- Exposure to cloud platforms like AWS
- Familiarity with micro services architecture & containerisation
- Deployment pipelining experience
- An understanding of backend technologies such as .Net / Java
As a member of the SmartFocus Consulting team you will deliver the strategic insight, consulting expertise and thought leadership that enables digital marketing innovation and growth for our customers. You will be a trusted advisor for both internal and external customers delivering high value, impactful consulting engagements informed by a deep understanding of the business forces, trends and requirements that impact our customers’ businesses and strategic objectives.
A typical day will involve.:
- Working closely with architects, product managers and other squads to build new product features.
- Reviewing/refactoring the codebase to ensure optimal performance of the platform.
- Writing unit tests to improve the test suite and ultimately the code deployed.
- Pipeline and infrastructure support for the applications
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send us your CV along with a cover letter. Your cover letter should state clearly why you are interested in working with SmartFocus, and what you would bring to this role.
At SmartFocus, we understand that every customer is on a unique journey. Motivations to try, buy or stay local change depending on the individual making the choice. Trusted by over 1,000 customers, the SmartFocus Message Cloud delivers 60 billion personalized interactions and 7 million email campaigns annually.
Message Cloud encompasses everything marketer’s desire from their digital strategies – enabling them to own every customer moment, with a decisioning engine that creates contextualized messages triggered by customer behavior, not by the marketer's best guess. It allows businesses to eradicate conversion kerbing obstacles, through personalization, marketing intelligence, social insights, email, and mobile push notifications across any device – all on one powerful platform. SmartFocus empowers businesses to influence their valuable customer journeys, connecting and engaging with customers at every treasured touch point.
SmartFocus is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating and celebrating a diverse and inclusive environment for all our employees.