Careers Network and Security Architect
Are you a passionate Network and Security Architect looking for a new opportunity with great career prospects?
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a talented, ambitious and detail-oriented Network and Security Architect to join our team in one of our European offices.
At SmartFocus we’ve built a SaaS retail marketing platform. It delivers 60 billion personalised customer interactions and 7 million email campaigns annually. We’re proud to work with global brands like House of Fraser, Levi’s, Waterstones and many more.
- Architectural level experience (ideally with experience of design, deploy and operations of IT infrastructure)
- Strong desire to deliver standardised, manageable and repeatable network solutions via automation technologies
- Highly experienced with Cisco equipment & networking technologies including ACI, ASA firewalls, LAN & WAN.
- Experience of common load balancing platforms including F5, Citrix NetScaler
- Experience of network security products such as NGFW, WAF, IDS/IPS etc.
- Experience of Hyperscale cloud (AWS & Azure) network & network services configuration
- Experience of network monitoring technologies & approaches
- Breadth of knowledge of infrastructure technologies (Including Servers & Storage)
- Effective acquisition of knowledge about new technologies from a variety of sources
- Able to communicate and work effectively in a team and across multi-functional teams
- Demonstrate Customer-Centric Mindset
- Understanding of agile and other development process and methodologies
- Knowledge of scripting languages common in infrastructure automation: PowerShell, Python,Ansible Playbook
- Experience of VMware NSX & VMware virtualisation technologies
- Experience with Ansible/Ansible Tower
The Network Security Architect will ensure the network estate complies with security policy and enables detailed guidance for specific and applicable baseline technical security controls to be implemented across the estate. You will define the principles on how security objectives will be achieved across the estate.
Responsible for managing the lifecycle of the technical security architecture. Ensuring controls are updated to keep up with emerging technology trends and support strategic business objectives.The Network Security Architect, will design, configure, implement and deliver the new network security Infrastructure which involves mainly firewalls, VoIP, remote access and have good knowledge of network & security products.
There is also a range of administration duties within this role. Coverage includes the HQ site as well as remote users at other offices and home workers.
The key work activities and accountabilities will depend on the current Information Systems strategy. It is envisaged that, as a minimum, the IT Support Engineer will:
- Analyze business requirements with Group Head and develop technical network solutions;
- Design, test, inspect, and monitor data communications systems;
- Perform network modelling, analysis, and planning;
- Implement logical and physical network segmentation (zoning) and adequate security controls;
- Installation and configuration of Checkpoint firewalls (policy changes, upgrades, migrations, etc.);
- Bridging the gap between the technical 2nd & 3rd line support team and updating. stakeholders of any changes within the cyber security infrastructure;
- Monitor Security infrastructure (firewalls, IDS/IPS, Wi-Fi);
- Ensure that Target Network Architectures are flexible and support the business needs;
- Ensure adherence to standards and influence solutions towards the Infrastructure future state model;
- Keeping up to date with business road maps, technology road maps and feeding wider business requirements into central infrastructure and engineering teams.
- Analysis of service related trends and recommendation of technology change or improvements that better fit business needs
- Create and maintain technical documentation to facilitate efficient planning, execution and handover;
- Provide strategy & vision for all global network infrastructure including; the global WAN, Enterprise Network & Firewalling.
- Mentor and coach junior team members, embedding the technical architecture strategy in their thinking and delivery
- Adhere to the general IS/T Team principles:
- Provide efficient, reliable storage, processing and communication facilities according to the agreed needs of the business.
- Minimise offline time of all systems by both proactive and reactive work and minimise the business impact where offline time cannot be avoided.
- Respond to user requests in a positive and timely manner, keeping staff informed of progress as it occurs and on a regular basis when it does not.
- Maintain documentation of all systems and routine tasks in a common location available to other team members.
- Assist other members of the department with their roles as reasonably required while fulfilling your own responsibilities.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send us your CV along with a cover letter. Your cover letter should state clearly why you are interested in working with SmartFocus, and what you would bring to this role.
At SmartFocus, we understand that every customer is on a unique journey. Motivations to try, buy or stay local change depending on the individual making the choice. Trusted by over 1,000 customers, the SmartFocus Message Cloud delivers 60 billion personalized interactions and 7 million email campaigns annually.
Message Cloud encompasses everything marketer’s desire from their digital strategies – enabling them to own every customer moment, with a decisioning engine that creates contextualized messages triggered by customer behavior, not by the marketer's best guess. It allows businesses to eradicate conversion kerbing obstacles, through personalization, marketing intelligence, social insights, email, and mobile push notifications across any device – all on one powerful platform. SmartFocus empowers businesses to influence their valuable customer journeys, connecting and engaging with customers at every treasured touch point.
SmartFocus is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating and celebrating a diverse and inclusive environment for all our employees.
Once you’ve proven how great you are – after 3 months – you will benefit from the following;
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enrolment in the company pension
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Bike2Work scheme entitlement
- Season Ticket Loan
If you like free tea, coffee, fruit and a big party twice a year that’s included too.